Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's time for a little ME time :-)

It's very hard for me to admit it, but I need a little ME time right now. At my job I take care of others all day, and for long hours most days. In my personal life, it's just my nature to want to take care of and nurture those around me. Often this means my needs get pushed to the wayside and build up until I have some sort of breakdown. Shutdown would probably better describe it. Yesterday was one of those days. I was on the verge of tears all day due to numerous reasons and just couldn't keep myself together mentally. So, last night when I finally crawled into bed I decided...this weekend I'm going to spend some ME time.

I'm going to better organize myself and the space around me in an attempt to decrease my current anxiety (this one is going to be the hardest because i have a to-do list a mile long). I'm going to work towards my future and reach for better opportunities than I have now (aka I need a better paying job). I'm going to work on my new favorite hobby: jewelry design, and hopefully start posting some of my work. And last but not least, I'm going to pamper myself a bit. Do my nails, take a bubble bath, drink a few glasses of wine (because we all know just one won't do it).

I just don't know when I became so unproductive and selfless, my daily thoughts and actions centered around the needs of everyone around me, but me.

This is going to be an ongoing process, not just a one-weekend fix. I'm starting now....

No comments:

Post a Comment