Sunday, September 27, 2009

My vacation is slowly coming to a close and I've got a lot on my mind. I'm struggling between balancing being a responsible and future-oriented adult and wanting to take chances while I'm still young and able to do so.

Most of it was sparked by an e-mail I received from an old boss. It was just a quick life update, until this..

"You've spent a good portion of the last few years making sure everyone else is happy. It might be time for you to take care of yourself. Just a thought."

Ouch....I know it's true, but that comment sent my head into a tailspin. What do I want? What would make me the happiest? And, if I didn't have anyone else's views or feelings to consider, what would I choose?

A friend of a friend here in TX is letting me use her bike today so I can explore the local area a little more since I don't have my car with me. I'm hoping I can sort out some of these thoughts while riding.

Quotes & Pics for Today:

"The worst thing one can do is not to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized - and never knowing."
-David Viscott


"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
-T.S. Eliot




No comments:

Post a Comment