Friday, March 6, 2009

Watchmen Tonight!!!

I'm going to see Watchmen here in a few hours and am suuuuuuuuper excited! Normally I hate when people repeat letters for emphasis but that was totally necessary in this case. Though I haven't read the book, which I'm pretty embarrassed to admit, I do know of the series it was based on and understand why it took over twenty years for this film to be made.

Even more exciting is the girl's night I'm having prior to the film. Me, Jen, Lauren, Em, and Hill (and a friend I think) are meeting for drinks and appetizers at Red Robin, which has slowly become one of my favorite places here lately (corny and tacky I know). My drink of choice there is the Sand in My Shorts. It's absolute heaven in a glass.

Here's the recipe:
  • 1/2 oz Midori Melon
  • 1/2 oz Vodka
  • 1/2 oz Triple Sec
  • 1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
  • 1/2 oz Raspberry Liqueur
  • 3 oz Cranberry Juice
  • 3 oz Orange Juice
  • 1 oz Sweet and Sour Mix

So, anyways I'm super excited and will post my thoughts on the movie sometime this weekend. Also, I'm trying to subscribe to Jen's new rule of jumping into things with both feet. It's going well today :)

-jme

3 comments:

  1. So I decided that next time we go, and yes there will be a next time, I'm asking for Sand in My Shorts, sub rum for vodka. I'm sure Nicky Poo can persuade the bartender to make it for me... :o)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicky Poo is the best waiter in the history of the restaurant business. Of course he can do that. He'd probably mix it himself with much love and care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. did you steal seasoning?

    B. who's birthday was it this time? I trust that you are keeping the tradition alive and well...

    :]

    ReplyDelete