Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"At Least We Dig Each Other"

Currently listening to: Incubus- Dig

I figured I'd just to a quick life update on here today. This past weekend I decided to give my apartment a makeover. Spring cleaning I guess. I'm pretty happy with the results and feel uplifted in some way. Cleaning is a very...well.."cleansing" activity to me. I always feel better after doing it. I think a lot while I clean so I'm guessing that has something to do with it. Plus, it's just always great to come home to a nice, clean, cozy apartment. Part of this process was buying a dresser from IKEA then spending about four hours building the damn thing. The store worker was right when he warned me, "It takes professional carpenters 45 minutes to put that together. You're gonna be a while." I love IKEA, often referring to it as my heaven, but dammit they need to work on their directions. They are impossible to interpret. I found this particular part of the directions amusing and wonder how many confused and frustrated calls they get a day.


Another reason I gave the apartment a face lift was I'm having a friend over for a movie marathon tonight. If you read my blog regularly, or really at all, you already know my love for movies. I'm not sure exactly what we are going to watch, but I'm sure it'll be good times no matter what. I took off work tomorrow so I could fully enjoy tonight and plan on doing just that ;).

P.S. This is quite possibly the best news story I've read all month. I want one of those ASAP.

-jme

No comments:

Post a Comment