Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kinda wishing I could just skip this weekend...........

As lame as it is to admit it, I'm dreading this weekend...the evil Valentine's Day. I feel like reminders that I don't have a Valentine are being force-fed to me by the media (television commercials, radio commercials, billboards, etc.). A telemarketer even wished me a Happy Valentine's Day yesterday over the phone. Since when did this holiday become so popular and why am I just noticing this? The answer's obvious....I'm single. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying being single and have never been one of those can't be alone girls. Even the news has recognized that men and women just vary so much when it comes to thoughts on holidays like this. I'm sure this post will probably make no sense to anyone reading it either. I won't be the only one sitting here with a dazed look on my face at least.

But, since I don't have superpowers and can't just skip a weekend I'm trying to keep myself somewhat busy, leaving time for a few tricks I've got up my sleeve. Just because my v-day is most likely to be uneventful doesn't mean I can't try and make someone else's day:). Friday I work half-day now so no sleeping in or gym probably but I plan on at least cleaning the apartment, last minute changes to secret v-day plans, making those muffins i previously posted a link to, then prob just a movie night in with Rex. Saturday: sleep in, gym, back to the shore for a wine night with Jen (and most probably The Notebook and a righteous pity party lol). Thank god for her that's all I've gotta say.

Then on Sunday I'm gonna sleep in (surprise), run/pilates, and just hang out because I have off work on Monday (4 day weekend!! I know!!!). And Monday I'm kind of hoping to have a movie night with a friend.

OK. Now onto my interesting links of the day:

-jme

No comments:

Post a Comment