- I am committing to a diet. Nothing strict per se, just eating better and a lot smaller portions. I would love to lose anywhere from 20-30 lbs. Although, it's really not as much about the number (weight-wise) for me. I'd just like to feel more fit and capable (you never know when ninjas may strike).
- I'm also going to SERIOUSLY cut back on my alcohol intake. Not only will this help with the whole dieting thing, but I just feel like it's time. Don't get me wrong, I'll still go out and get silly drunk probably a couple times a year (it's inevitable during the holiday season, no promises then). But, I just want to start remembering my weekends more and not wasting the whole next day moping around clutching a Gatorade bottle. This weekend will be my first time implementing this so I think I'm gonna stick to my 3 beer (or one glass of wine) rule and see how it goes.
- I'm going to TRY and work out more. There are no promises on this one. I am the laziest person I know and am not scared to admit it. But, I do always feel better when I exercise regularly. So, I'm joining the YMCA near my apartment next week (most of the classes are free and I do better in a class environment). I'll keep everyone posted on how this process goes.
On a sort of related note....I'm sleeping better than I have in a long time! This is super exciting to me because my insomnia has been horrible since before the holidays. I feel like things in my life are sort of reaching some form of homeostasis now, and it's great.
And now onto my useless Internet links for the day (don't worry I'll indicate if they are ever NSFW):
- This poor kid had me laughing so hard earlier this week. He's like a super-high person. My favorite is when he asks if its gonna last forever lol.
- The Hamburglar actually exists.
- My new absolute favorite phenomenon to talk about: Sexting. I find it hilarious. And thank god I'm of age because kids are getting charge with child porn for doing it now.
- I know this video is old but I could seriously watch it every day. All the live long day. It's my absolute favorite internet video ever. I'm a sucker for funny cat videos.
- I'm not sure how I came across this or why. But, it is truly one of the scariest things I've ever seen. And the even scarier part, he like has a following.
Back to pretending I'm working.