Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hello and Welcome!!

So, first off welcome to my blog and I guess I'll begin by saying a little bit about myself. Jeeze, I'm never very good at this. My name is Jamie Lynn and I am a recent graduate of the University of Maryland (woohoo!). I earned my bachelor's in Psychology and am currently taking a few years off before attending graduate school (a social work program most likely). I want gain some work experience and save some money before committing my life to school again.

I recently moved to Baltimore and have a love/hate relationship with city living. I haven't been there long enough to decide which emotion is stronger yet. I'm not a great writer, but thought that creating a blog would give me something to do and provide a way for friends to stay updated on my life. Therefore, I apologize if my entries aren't poetic or flow very well. I like to just vent sometimes (even to the point of free association so look out!). Also, I've kept journals for years and love to go back and read entries from years past. Self-reflection is always interesting to me (there's the psych student coming out).

A lot has changed in my life in the past year. I've graduated college, began living alone for the first time in my life, and became single for the first time since before I started college. Needless to say right now I'm just taking in all that life has to offer and though it's cliche, am truly down for the ride.

My friends and family are super important to me, especially my mom. She drives me bonkers, but I adore her. She says the cutest damn things sometimes. I've always wanted to start a book of funny things she's said. I can count my best friends on one hand and prefer it that way. I may not speak to them every day, but with just a phone call we pick right back up where we left off. They are the most dependable people I know, which is why I like them so much (Katie this is you). I've also made some amazing new friends in the past year who I truly cherish spending time with (Jen this is you).

Ok, so this blog is gonna be comprised of some random stuff. People with ADD or short attention spans rejoice! I'll write about what's going on in my life of course, but also plan on posting humorous links I find each day (as I currently work at a software company and am immensely bored most of the time), reviews of movies i watch (huge movie nerd), good recipes i find (also love to cook) and lord knows what else. Oh yeah, and comments are always welcome!! So, here we go......................

P.S.
The name of this blog isn't set in stone yet, so don't be surprised if it changes anytime soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Love you Mama J! I'm so glad we've been able to bond this past year... I mean, we do go all the way back to middle school. And just think: it all started one ridiculous, debaucherous night at Howards... :o)

    ReplyDelete