Sunday, February 8, 2009

Amazing Weekend

I had the most amazing weekend. If I could go back in time I wouldn't change a second of it, not one.

Friday I went and saw "He's just not that into you" with Jen. Great movie, mildly depressing and made me slightly feel like im crazy (not as crazy as "Gigi" in the film, shes a nutcase). But, the overall message took a little while to sink in with me. After two days I've decided what my personal take-away from it was. Don't waste time wondering about what will happen with the whole guys and relationship thing.....because then you aren't living in the moment and truly enjoying yourself. Take each moment for what it is at face value and as the movie stressed "don't look for signs" (I'm still working on that last part). Then later that night I "rescued" a friend from the bar and actually had a fun time hanging out with his drunk ass the rest of the night lol (usually I get annoyed when I'm sober and around drunk people, but he's great to be around in any state).

Saturday me and the girls went out to celebrate Lauren, R.N., B.S.N. (woohoo and congrats!!). We met up with some other friends at the bar and it turned into a really fun evening. Full of drunk dudes singing Ice Ice Baby, dancing with the girls, breast punches, awkward hit-ons, and the usual debauchery. The ride home was quite possibly my favorite part of the night. I took three guy friends home since they were drinking a lot more than I was. Ice cubes were flying and many laughs were had. Then for some reason when we finally got "home" I decided to make popcorn and clean my friend's kitchen (when I drink sometimes I like to clean, it's a weird habit though not the worst one to have I guess).

All in all it was, as I said, an amazing weekend. I woke up this morning with a smile on my face and have basically been wearing it all day. And, I didn't do too horrible with the dieting and cutting back on drinking either. I ate great all weekend, no cheating there. And I even ran two days in a row!!! Alcohol intake was moderate and limited to just one night, so that was good also. Sleep was beautiful both nights and lasted well into the following days.

I guess I would just say I'm really content right now. :)

-jme

No comments:

Post a Comment